6.8 mm Endless Prusik Loop
Material: 100% Technora
Construction: 16-strands hollow braid
Diameter: 17/64 inch / 6.8 mm
Length: 15 inch / 38.5 cm for prusik loop (the length of the loop when flat pull)
Net weight: 25 g / 0.88 Oz
Strength: 25 kN / 5600 Lbs
Used with main ropes of 8~11 mm / 5/16~7/16 inch (Dia.)
- Heat Resistant up to 923°F/500°C
- High resistance to abrasion, excellent fatigue tolerance
- Unbeatable durability, high tensile strength of 25kN/5600Lbs
- Offering firm grip onto main ropes
- Light and compact, easy to carry on
- Versatile in both professional and recreational uses
- Assistance in ascending a rope
- Process capture in hauling/dragging/tensioning System
- Back-up for belying
- Tandem rappelling
- Self-rescue in emergency
Friction Hitch Knots
- Classic hitch knots for a loop or a sling to create friction and to grip on to another rope.
- It slides when not weighted and solidly lock around the rope when loaded.
- Note: Klemheist only lock in one loading direction.
- Easy to tie, "clear" to inspect, fast to adjust during operation.
- Compared to mechanical grab, Prusik loop/sling features a much lighter weight and a compact profile.
- It does almost no damage to main ropes and a variety of hitch knots could be tied from for various functions.
Versatile and Powerful
- Commonly used in climbing activities, like abseiling, vertical rope ascending in the situation of emergency, escape the belay system, back up a rappel.
- Widely applied to capture progress on a moving rope, typically in pulley mechanical systems, to be tied into lanyards and create adjustable anchors, fliplines, etc.