Length: 76cm / 30inch (end to end)
Diameter: 8mm / 5/16 inch
Material: Sheath-50% Kevlar & 50% Polyester; Core-Polyester
Cord Strength: 25kN / 5620lb
End-to-end Strength: 17kN / 3820lb
Basket Strength: 29kN / 6500lb
Bascket Work Load Limit: 5.8kN / 1300lb
- 8mm VT Prusik cord, made of double braid 8mm with 50% kevlar blended sheath which features excellent heat resistance, abrasion-resistance, high strength (25kN / 5620lbf) and long lasting performance.
- Supple in handling, flexible and easy to tie knots. Simple While Powerful! You could find it an amazing gear in 100 outdoor applications.
- Where you need a Bachmann knot or a French knot, an eye-to-eye prusik cord will do it well to be a great help for you. With heat shrink tube over solidly sewn stitching part, the prusik loop is safer and better than prusik cord with knots.
- Heat Resistance! 50% Kevlar Fiber is mingled during sheath braiding, adding durability (cord rating to 25kN) and excellent heat resistance for your friction hitch.
- High resistance to moisture, low stretch and high strength! All is due to its all high tenacity polyester material. One more advantage adds to its excellent outdoor environment adaption.
- Compared to mechanical grab, Prusik cord is much lighter and more compact, taking little space in your rack. It also does almost no damage to host rope and could work in both directions during application.
- You could find it a super versatile gear in you rack whether you go for rock climbing, tree climbing, mountaineering, caving, or rescue/hauling system set-up, etc.
Assistance in ascending a rope
Process capture in hauling/dragging/tensioning System
Back-up for belying
Self-rescue in emergency